This morning I wasn’t in for my usual breakfast (if you want to know: homemade granola or cornflakes with currants and local full milk with a creamy top).
I wanted something really healthy (yeah I do know the full milk and the cornflakes/granola aren’t the most healthy options), so I made a smoothie. And in the smoothie went all the ingredients I like most in a smoothie and it worked out great!
Because of the real warm weather in Holland (it’s about 13 degrees Celsius around here and there almost hasn’t been any frost) I still got swiss chard in my garden and I’ve put it in. It hasn’t got a special taste, but a lot of vitamins and a nice color.
Indeed I did like this healthy option and I will make more smoothies in the future!
- you want to make a super healthy smoothie, don’t use u juicer but a blender. That way the fibers will stay in the smoothie.
- you add lemon juice, your smoothie stays fresh and keeps a nice green color. It also tastes great.
- you use coconut milk you can make this recipe when you’re allergic to lactose or want to eat lactose free.
- it’s so warm outside you freeze the coconut milk and that way you make a healthy smoothie milkshake.
- you don’t have swiss chard by hand you can use spinach instead.
Recipe: healthy smoothie